LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN REFERENT
MAGNA is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian organization whose objective is to provide medical aid to populations in crisis. MAGNA organizes humanitarian medical projects to help people in need, whether through poverty, disease, war, or ecological disaster and regardless of ethnicity, religion or nationality. MAGNA is independent of all states and institutions, as well as of all political, economic or religious influences.
MAGNA recruits medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, MAGNA has achieved respectable results. MAGNA for over 20 years has focused on providing medical care (primary, secondary, nutrition, sexual violence, HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases) in countries such as Afghanistan, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Ukraine and Cambodia among others.
The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the Operational Centre based in Bratislava and decentralized around the world. The field operations are guided and supported Cells covering specific geographical area and other departments and services supporting operations, including the Logistics and Supply Chain department.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND JOB ENVIRONMENT
The main objective of the position is to monitor and support missions of MAGNA regarding their logistics, security and supply chain management, while being functionally responsible for the mission logistics supply chain managers and log coordinators in missions. Apart from that, he/she leads or participates in (non-mission specific) efforts related with supply chain optimization, IT system development and functional ownership, as well as development of supply chain management procedures and trainings. The focus is to ensure appropriate support and guidance to MAGNA missions regarding their logistics and supply chain (including medical stock management), in collaboration with other relevant departments (operations, medical, financial), while working as one team between HQ and field.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Logistical support to the operational and logistical teams of the missions
- Identify and analyze the logistical support needs of the missions, then provide the necessary support
- Ensure the adequacy of human and material resources allocated to mission budgets, contribute to reporting to donors
- Participate in the identification and analysis of needs in terms of procedures, guides, manuals, reports or tools, then participate in their production
- Ensure the follow-up of logistics activities on missions
- Support the missions in their logistical, material and supply chain organization: procurement, supply chain management, selection, management, use and maintenance of technical equipment, stock and inventory management, operational management of technical sites and program security, participation in the implementation of the security system and Management Tools
- Participate in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems for logistics activities
- Make prospecting and proposals for the use of new materials
Supervision of the logistical follow-up of the missions
- Brief and debrief expatriate and national teams on issues relating to the logistical and material organization of missions
- Train expatriate and national teams in procedures, standards and tools, specific software that may be developed, techniques for using equipment, protocols and methods of intervention
- Monitor and control the implementation of logistics procedures and tools
- Definition/update of MAGNA supply chain management procedures
- Promotion/reinforcement of MAGNA supply chain management procedures
- Functional ownership of supply chain management IT tools and involvement in new developments
- Monitor the status of vehicle fleets, communication and IT Monitoring the consumption of satellite equipment
- Monitor the stock status of non-medical equipment and ensure the transmission of inventories
Open Ended Contract
Salary based on your experience and MAGNA salary grid
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Possibility to sit in any of MAGNA office around the world or/and work remotely
- International travel to be planned from time to time
- 5 weeks of paid vacation / year
- Oral communication face-to-face or by telephone
REQUIRED PROFILE :
- Bac+2 training in humanitarian logistics or equivalent
- At least 2 years of field logistics experience with an NGO
- Autonomy, rigor, diplomacy, patience, pedagogy, interpersonal skills, taste for teamwork
- Languages: fluent French and English both written and spoken essential
CONTACT US :
Applicants are requested to send their CV and related documents, including contact information (email address, phone number), by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist/Refeent” in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but we will only contact selected candidates.