Fin HR Coordinator
The finance and human resources coordinator sets up all that is required to manage programme resources.
The HRFINCO organises qualitative personnel management (locally employed and international staff) and supervises its administrative management. He or she sets up, optimises and manages the resources required to implement operational decisions and, as a member of the coordination team, makes regular field visits to verify the fit between human and financial resources and programme activities. The HRFINCO works in several areas and duties include:
- ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements,
- effective functional organisation of resources,
- monitoring use of financial resources (expenditures and obligations),
- assigning administrative personnel, ensuring they have the requisite skills and are in sufficient number.
Accounting/Budget Management/Cash Management
- ensuring procedures for money management and accounting regulations applicable in the country concerned are in place,
- supporting and managing an accounts team and a system to ensure security of cash, compliance with procedures and transparency of expenditures,
- ensuring funds are sufficient at all times with maximum control of security and operational risks to enable operations to function properly,
- put in place all elements required to monitor use of material resources,
- put into a budget all the information relating to resources: consolidate and implement budgets in collaboration with the other coordinators and analyse and communicate general and specific monthly budget tracking to the coordination team and the desk, identify any issues, draft proposals for corrective actions.
Human resource management (locally employed and international staff)
- manage locally employed and international personnel with their line managers and supervisors, ensure implementation of systematic individual assessments, determine and track training requirements, address individual career paths within the association, be proactive in setting up teams,
- organise staff integration in accordance with the association’s policy and laws/constraints applicable in the country in question.
Management of administrative team
- recommend posts required by operations,
- recruit and manage the team (support, field visits, individual assessments, etc.)
- in liaison with the coordination team, ensure that commitments made to institutional donors are met.
- 2 years minimum in management (management control, financial management, accounting management, human resource management, legal management) and supervising a team, with a minimum of 6 months experience at a coordination position in the humanitarian field.
- 12 months minimum
- working knowledge of English
- basic knowledge of another language such as French, Arabic, etc. is a definite plus
- proficiency in Excel
- ability to organise and prioritise workload
- ability to work with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams